The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism (IRCTC) have been updated some rules and replace existing rules. There is some rule are listed below that will be effective from 1 July 2016. These rules are related to Indian Railway Tatkal Booking, Reservation, Cancellation, Refunds and so on.
(Click here to know about Irctc Registration)
People should know about these New IRCTC Rules that are planning to book tickets online.
- Now, from 1 July, on cancellation of tatkal tickets, 50% money will be refunded. However, presently there is no refund allowed on tatkal booking cancellation.
- Tatkal booking timing will also be hanged.
- Tatkal booking window for AC timing will be from 10am to 11 am and sleeper coach tickets booking timing will be from 11am to 12pm.
- From now onwards for Shatabdi and Rajdhani Express only mobile tickets will be valid.
- You will glad to know that people will be able to book tickets in regional languages as well.
- In Shatabdi and Rajdhani Express, number of coaches will get increased so the people will able to book more confirmed tickets in these trains.
- Alternative facility will be introduced for Waiting List Passengers called Suvidha Trains. And, people will only get confirmed tickets in Suvidha trains.
- There will be lesser stops in trains like Shatabdi and Rajdhani Express.
- On cancellation of Suvidha train tickets there will be 50% cash refunded.
- Now, premium trains will not be in service.
- “Wake Up Call Destination” facility will be available for passengers.