IRCTC eWallet is a scheme launched by Indian Railways recently. It is a method in which you need to deposit an amount in advance and use that amount at the time of online tickets booking. By using IRCTC eWallet scheme you can skip the long process of payment like internet banking or credit card payment and you will have to face the problem of payment failure. An Irctc online ticket booking is much faster through IRCTC eWallet that can be directly linked to your IRCTC user account.
The main purpose of Irctc eWallet scheme is to help IRCTC users to book tickets quickly and without having payment failure errors. IRCTC eWallet option is available on the “Plan My Travel” page.
IRCTC eWallet Registration steps:
There are some requirements given below for IRCTC eWallet registration:
- PAN Card
- Debit Card or Net Banking
- One time registration fee – Rs. 250 /-
- A valid IRCTC user account
- To create eWallet in IRCTC you need to have a valid IRCTC user account. If you do not have account on IRCTC, then first create or register to IRCTC account successfully and get username and password.
- Now, login to IRCTC website with your user Id and password.
- After IRCTC Login, a link will appear on the same page just click on the appeared link.
- Click on “Click to Register Now”. You will be redirected to new window where you need to enter your Pan Card Details.
- After filling the Pan Card details enter the Card holder’s name and wait for the completion of verification process. Following text will appear on the completion of verification.
- Next, create a transaction password for the eWallet account.
- The eEallet registration fee is non-refundable.
- Choose a bank from the list of Payment Options.
After making the one time deposit, you will receive a pop-up screen providing the message ‘Successful Registration’ and the user will be logged out.