The reservation for tatkal ticket scheme opens at 10am on the day before journey from train starting station for AC classes while for non-AC classes it starts at 11am on the day before journey from train starting station.
GNWL or General waiting list is preferred over tatkal waiting list (CKWL) at the time of chart making as per the Indian railway circular. Therefore, Tatkal ticket booking is of greatest importance as waiting list tatkal ticket has very less probabilities of confirmation and tatkal tickets do not undergo RAC. We all need to know about tatkal ticket booking timing. To book tatkal ticket online you need to get IRCTC Registration.
Here are some tips that will help you in booking tickets in tatkal quota via IRCTC website:
- Create more than one account for logging into IRCTC website. If you have only one login ID, then make use of one from your friend or family. Attempting to book ticket parallel using several browser/computer always improves chances of getting a tatkal train ticket. Do not use same login information on many browsers at the same time as IRCTC can notice it and log you out from all web sessions.
- Ensure tatkal quota for your travel opens one day before your journey. It might open two or more days before, if the train arrives at your boarding station on second or more days of its operation. For instance, if you want to book tatkal railway ticket from Nagpur to Chennai in Chennai Rajdhani Express, then the tatkal booking opens two days before in this case from your travel date as the train arrives Nagpur on the second day of its running.
- Keep Id card information like PAN card or driving license of one of the passengers in advance. By doing this, you do not have to look for it after you have begun the booking procedure.
- You can save some time by filling up passenger details in advance. Enter passenger details before 10am for AC class and before 11am for non AC class, you are required not to enter them again and save some time this way which enhances your chance of getting confirmed tatkal ticket.
Below, How Tatkal Ticket Booking is done on IRCTC
1. Login into the IRCTC website 5-10 minutes before and do this before 10am for booking AC ticket and 11am for non-AC ticket.
2. Choose origin place, select date as today’s date and fill up ticket type and click on ‘Find Trains‘. Now choose quota as “Tatkal” and click on “book now” for today’s date for any passenger train.
3. Fill up passenger details involving id card details and mobile phone number. Now, as an alternative of clicking on “Next“, which will take you to payment, then click on “Replan”, which takes again to the “Plan My Journey” page.
4. Precisely at 10am or at 11am (for FC, SL and 2S) put your exact journey date and try booking your ticket. When you reach at Passenger Details page, you will notice that all the details that you filled up before are still there. So, just fill up the captcha and click on the “Next” button for payment confirmation.
- For AC classes, try to book in 2A (second ac) initially. For almost every route, 2A gets filled less speedily than 3A in spite of fewer berths.
- Ignore trying to book train tickets for which tatkal tickets have already worn out. Keep finding out parallel current berth accessibility for tatkal quota.
- Make payment through netbanking as this is the quickest mode of payment. If you select paying by cards you are required to fill up long card numbers and various other details that take time. Since IRCTC has made OTP confirmation obligatory so one should keep their mobile phone nearby to get OTP code from phone.
- If you are not capable of booking tatkal ticket for AC classes, you can try your luck for non-AC classes at 11am once more.
So, you can book Irctc Tatkal Ticket Booking Online on IRCTC website.